Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Whisper on 2nd January 2016, 9:19 pm

Where can get powerful kumantong?
avatar
Whisper
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by altotechnic on 2nd January 2016, 9:22 pm

fierce sia
avatar
altotechnic
Crone

Posts : 18
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Atbcpjhj on 2nd January 2016, 9:38 pm

Any bro can help to ID this? quite old liao at least 50 years according to my dad



avatar
Atbcpjhj
Moi ish noob

Posts : 99
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 2nd January 2016, 11:22 pm

@atbdcpjhj: ya buy from temple should be ok..

if he want his first piece to be his last piece, he can consider getting the top range piece, which makes all other pieces pointless to get because the rest will never match up. (refer to my previous post to you)

otherwise, for starters can just get a $5-15 amulet first... den slowly collect lor..

don't get chop carrot.. alot of amulet sellers sell overpriced stuff or fake stuff.. beware.. do homework first before buying anything..
avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 2nd January 2016, 11:25 pm

@whisper: new masters den go for LP Yeam (those 'rabbit' base ones). LP Goy (those cover mouth ones)..

but best is get those old masters ones.. those made of wax and fibre.. very lifelike, very holy looking.. which is also why gumantongs are known as 'golden child', where they are guided by buddha's 5 precepts..
avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Whisper on 3rd January 2016, 12:20 am

bei_ge_wang wrote:@whisper: new masters den go for LP Yeam (those 'rabbit' base ones).  LP Goy (those cover mouth ones)..

but best is get those old masters ones.. those made of wax and fibre.. very lifelike, very holy looking.. which is also why gumantongs are known as 'golden child', where they are guided by buddha's 5 precepts..

But Singapore cannot get kmt from LP yeam and LP goy right? Need go Thailand especially for old masters kmt?

avatar
Whisper
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Whisper on 3rd January 2016, 12:22 am

Bei ge Wang korkor got so many kmt.. Do u chant for them?
avatar
Whisper
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 3rd January 2016, 12:49 am

Atbcpjhj wrote:Thanks bei ge wang..

really noob in all these.

Cos my frd just started biz so thinking of buying one for him in thailand. But i scare ganna conned.
So buy from temple should be ok rite?


yup, safest to buy from temple direct..

singapore temples also distribute free/entry-level amulets.. go those bigger local temples (Wat Ananda, Wat Palelai), ask the monks there..
avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 3rd January 2016, 12:53 am

Whisper wrote:
bei_ge_wang wrote:@whisper: new masters den go for LP Yeam (those 'rabbit' base ones).  LP Goy (those cover mouth ones)..

but best is get those old masters ones.. those made of wax and fibre.. very lifelike, very holy looking.. which is also why gumantongs are known as 'golden child', where they are guided by buddha's 5 precepts..

But Singapore cannot get kmt from LP yeam and LP goy right?  Need go Thailand especially for old masters kmt?


singapore have.. facebook groups, carousell, amuletforums.com all got people sell.. but authentic or not, boh bao ah.... don't say never warn you..

thesedays really alot of fakes floating around, especially those more reputable masters' ones..

so unless:

1) you do alot of homework (esp for LP Yeam stuff) for the various versions/batches that were authentically made

2) get from someone really trustable (but then again, how accurate can you know a person's heart?)

3) get from temple directly

thesedays i am too caught up with work and also i stopped praying to kmt and phra ngan already.. otherwise i don't mind help you source for real ones locally..
avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 3rd January 2016, 12:56 am

Whisper wrote:Bei ge Wang korkor got so many kmt.. Do u chant for them?

not mine.. i am just sharing some of the nicer altars other local thai buddhists have..

i personally don't really share what i personally pray to or what piece i wear.. hahaha..

btw, with regards to those good old wax/fibre KMTs, see 2nd pic, the standing KMT.. those type are good.. i have an amulet uncle fren in yishun area, he swears by these.. he always has people coming to his house to pray to his wax fibre KMT for lottery, and always tio, so his KMTs have alot of gold and silver jewelleries thanks-giving gifts from these people..
avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by TaoEhh on 3rd January 2016, 12:57 am

So many amulet also useless.

TaoEhh
Crone

Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 3rd January 2016, 12:58 am

sharing: phra ngans..



avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 3rd January 2016, 1:05 am

TaoEhh wrote:So many amulet also useless.

1) what works for others, may not work for you.. maybe some people suit christian gods, muslim gods, etc etc.. you gotta find out what suits yourself..

2) amulets cant change a person's destiny.. wearing amulets is just a boost to smoothen bumps, a boost to attain something which otherwise you may have just barely missed, a blessing from the monk and buddha.. what matters most is practising good actions, words, thoughts.. all of which culminates in good karma..
avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Ronaldinho on 3rd January 2016, 1:59 am

Atbcpjhj wrote:Thanks bei ge wang..

really noob in all these.

Cos my frd just started biz so thinking of buying one for him in thailand. But i scare ganna conned.
So buy from temple should be ok rite?

If you want for business one maybe can consider sang kat chai. Get from temple is fine.

Ronaldinho
Crone

Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by rebel on 3rd January 2016, 7:08 am

Share share.. some kmts
Lp Yeam
only 9 made
height 29inches



Lp Tae 2nd & 3rd batch
avatar
rebel
Moi ish noob

Posts : 35
Join date : 2015-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by ngensys2000 on 3rd January 2016, 7:24 am

I must say some of these amulets are damn gorgeous.
avatar
ngensys2000
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 507
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 3rd January 2016, 9:08 am

@rebel: wow!! LP Tae KMT...

if can get LP Tae kmt, definitely better den LP Yeam and LP Goy..
avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Whisper on 3rd January 2016, 9:13 am

bei_ge_wang wrote:
Whisper wrote:
bei_ge_wang wrote:@whisper: new masters den go for LP Yeam (those 'rabbit' base ones).  LP Goy (those cover mouth ones)..

but best is get those old masters ones.. those made of wax and fibre.. very lifelike, very holy looking.. which is also why gumantongs are known as 'golden child', where they are guided by buddha's 5 precepts..

But Singapore cannot get kmt from LP yeam and LP goy right?  Need go Thailand especially for old masters kmt?


singapore have.. facebook groups, carousell, amuletforums.com all got people sell.. but authentic or not, boh bao ah.... don't say never warn you..

thesedays really alot of fakes floating around, especially those more reputable masters' ones..

so unless:

1) you do alot of homework (esp for LP Yeam stuff) for the various versions/batches that were authentically made

2) get from someone really trustable (but then again, how accurate can you know a person's heart?)

3) get from temple directly

thesedays i am too caught up with work and also i stopped praying to kmt and phra ngan already.. otherwise i don't mind help you source for real ones locally..

Ya..thats why I don't wanna buy online.

BTW, kmt can keep in bedroom? The bedroom is clean as in no sexual activities de.
avatar
Whisper
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by bei_ge_wang on 3rd January 2016, 9:28 am

by right:

1) kmt are non-god level, so place below waist level

2) kmt are children, so if got piak piak den not nice let them see.

3) amulets and buchas all best to venerate in living room.

by left (personal belief):

don't pantang so much... everything just exercise reasonableness can liao.. show them due respect, they will understand that some of us have constraints (eg parents don't allow place in living rm)..
avatar
bei_ge_wang
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 334
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Atbcpjhj on 3rd January 2016, 11:11 am

thanks for the advise..
avatar
Atbcpjhj
Moi ish noob

Posts : 99
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Whisper on 3rd January 2016, 12:38 pm

Yes. My parents freak out when I mention want to keep kmt.. So I think if I manage to get one, I'll keep in my bedroom so they won't know. I have a proper display cabinet in my bedroom so can put inside and put offerings also but then it won't be below waist level. Will be above eye level.
avatar
Whisper
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thai Buddhist Amulets Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum