[Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by asiantrollcat on 3rd January 2016, 5:11 am

bubblegumcartel wrote:UK reporting in

herrow bubblegum jiejie!!!!
avatar
asiantrollcat
Crone

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by techtechy on 3rd January 2016, 6:09 am

does student on exchange count? Very Happy

really feel like migrating out after my sem here in sweden man Crying or Very sad

techtechy
Crone

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by fishbuff on 3rd January 2016, 6:11 am

techtechy wrote:does student on exchange count? Very Happy

really feel like migrating out after my sem here in sweden man Crying or Very sad

all sinkies that live overseas count.
avatar
fishbuff
ATBCPJHJ !!!!!!!!!

Posts : 180
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by asiantrollcat on 3rd January 2016, 6:16 am

techtechy, how's sweden? very pretty?
avatar
asiantrollcat
Crone

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by techtechy on 3rd January 2016, 6:17 am

asiantrollcat wrote:techtechy, how's sweden? very pretty?

the scenery is amazing. im in uppsala (small city just north of stockholm) now and it only just started snowing so its very nice!

EDIT: this is the view behind my dorms


techtechy
Crone

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by beano on 3rd January 2016, 6:38 am

Reporting in!
avatar
beano
Moi ish noob

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by madscience on 3rd January 2016, 6:43 am

Like migrate to Sweden or any country with 4 seasons?

techtechy wrote:does student on exchange count? Very Happy

really feel like migrating out after my sem here in sweden man Crying or Very sad

madscience
Moi ish noob

Posts : 53
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by techtechy on 3rd January 2016, 6:46 am

madscience wrote:Like migrate to Sweden or any country with 4 seasons?

techtechy wrote:does student on exchange count? Very Happy

really feel like migrating out after my sem here in sweden man Crying or Very sad

migrating out of asia probably. its not just the weather (though that plays a huge role), its also the people - more specifically their attitudes toward life and work. for example over here in sweden its common for factory workers (without qualification) to out-earn graduates by over 30%! its also common for people to work for years and years right out of high school and then go back to uni..the result is that the students in uni are really there to learn, not just to chase the paper

this kinda attitude seems to permeate their culture and its really refreshing

techtechy
Crone

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by madscience on 3rd January 2016, 6:50 am

i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

try applying for overseas job and before deciding lor.

techtechy wrote:
madscience wrote:Like migrate to Sweden or any country with 4 seasons?

techtechy wrote:does student on exchange count? Very Happy

really feel like migrating out after my sem here in sweden man Crying or Very sad

migrating out of asia probably. its not just the weather (though that plays a huge role), its also the people - more specifically their attitudes toward life and work. for example over here in sweden its common for factory workers (without qualification) to out-earn graduates by over 30%! its also common for people to work for years and years right out of high school and then go back to uni..the result is that the students in uni are really there to learn, not just to chase the paper

this kinda attitude seems to permeate their culture and its really refreshing

madscience
Moi ish noob

Posts : 53
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by bubblegumcartel on 3rd January 2016, 6:54 am

asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:UK reporting in

herrow bubblegum jiejie!!!!

arlow.. eh.. how come you know i am a zeh zeh.. I don't recognise your nick Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

bubblegumcartel
Crone

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by techtechy on 3rd January 2016, 7:00 am

madscience wrote:i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

try applying for overseas job and before deciding lor.


guess so...my income tax bracket here when i graduate would be 31 + 20%, VAT (GST equivalent) is 25% and capital gains is 30%, this is compared to what i can expect to pay when i graduate in singapore (3-4%).

yeah heading to NYC in jan for an interview..fingers crossed!

techtechy
Crone

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by madscience on 3rd January 2016, 7:04 am

...NYC is just another SG, except with more (human and non-human) rats.
for internship or real job?

techtechy wrote:
madscience wrote:i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

try applying for overseas job and before deciding lor.


guess so...my income tax bracket here when i graduate would be 31 + 20%, VAT (GST equivalent) is 25% and capital gains is 30%, this is compared to what i can expect to pay when i graduate in singapore (3-4%).

yeah heading to NYC in jan for an interview..fingers crossed!

madscience
Moi ish noob

Posts : 53
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by techtechy on 3rd January 2016, 7:05 am

madscience wrote:...NYC is just another SG, except with more (human and non-human) rats.
for internship or real job?

techtechy wrote:
madscience wrote:i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

try applying for overseas job and before deciding lor.


guess so...my income tax bracket here when i graduate would be 31 + 20%, VAT (GST equivalent) is 25% and capital gains is 30%, this is compared to what i can expect to pay when i graduate in singapore (3-4%).

yeah heading to NYC in jan for an interview..fingers crossed!

oh man i assumed itd be the same as europe =/

its for a full time position!

techtechy
Crone

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by madscience on 3rd January 2016, 7:14 am

Good luck! NYC will be a good launchpad.

Upstate NY is more rustic, but even birds don't lay eggs there. NYC is a chaotic city, good for young ppl like you, but families will avoid if they can.

techtechy wrote:
madscience wrote:...NYC is just another SG, except with more (human and non-human) rats.
for internship or real job?

techtechy wrote:
madscience wrote:i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

try applying for overseas job and before deciding lor.


guess so...my income tax bracket here when i graduate would be 31 + 20%, VAT (GST equivalent) is 25% and capital gains is 30%, this is compared to what i can expect to pay when i graduate in singapore (3-4%).

yeah heading to NYC in jan for an interview..fingers crossed!

oh man i assumed itd be the same as europe =/

its for a full time position!

madscience
Moi ish noob

Posts : 53
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by asiantrollcat on 3rd January 2016, 7:44 am

bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:UK reporting in

herrow bubblegum jiejie!!!!

arlow.. eh.. how come you know i am a zeh zeh.. I don't recognise your nick Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
\

im the reincarnation of yuyuthecat Smile
avatar
asiantrollcat
Crone

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by asiantrollcat on 3rd January 2016, 7:48 am

madscience wrote:i hear ya. i also feel AMDK and AMDL less likely to judge people based on paper qualifications or jobs. but to be fair also, you haven't start paying taxes, so you may not like how your after-tax paycheck look.

try applying for overseas job and before deciding lor.

techtechy wrote:
madscience wrote:Like migrate to Sweden or any country with 4 seasons?

techtechy wrote:does student on exchange count? Very Happy

really feel like migrating out after my sem here in sweden man Crying or Very sad

migrating out of asia probably. its not just the weather (though that plays a huge role), its also the people - more specifically their attitudes toward life and work. for example over here in sweden its common for factory workers (without qualification) to out-earn graduates by over 30%! its also common for people to work for years and years right out of high school and then go back to uni..the result is that the students in uni are really there to learn, not just to chase the paper

this kinda attitude seems to permeate their culture and its really refreshing

i like how here people respect janitors, truck drivers, and all other jobs that would have been perceived "low class " in sgp.
avatar
asiantrollcat
Crone

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by beano on 3rd January 2016, 8:21 am

How about all those overseas post what it looks like outside your house/estate/apartment/squatters etc?

This is mine..



Last edited by beano on 3rd January 2016, 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
beano
Moi ish noob

Posts : 49
Join date : 2015-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by fsg316 on 3rd January 2016, 8:23 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

fsg316
Crone

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by bubblegumcartel on 3rd January 2016, 8:31 am

asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:UK reporting in

herrow bubblegum jiejie!!!!

arlow.. eh.. how come you know i am a zeh zeh.. I don't recognise your nick Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
\

im the reincarnation of yuyuthecat Smile

haha. zhun bo? so where yuyucat kor kor is at nao?

bubblegumcartel
Crone

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by madscience on 3rd January 2016, 8:33 am


Taken from google map. i live in the suburbs, so its quite boring. but boring is my thang!  cheers

beano wrote:How about all those overseas post what it looks like outside your house/estate/apartment/squatters etc?

madscience
Moi ish noob

Posts : 53
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by asiantrollcat on 3rd January 2016, 8:40 am

bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:UK reporting in

herrow bubblegum jiejie!!!!

arlow.. eh.. how come you know i am a zeh zeh.. I don't recognise your nick Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
\

im the reincarnation of yuyuthecat Smile

haha. zhun bo? so where yuyucat kor kor is at nao?


meimei still in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.
avatar
asiantrollcat
Crone

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by sleepyhealer on 3rd January 2016, 8:41 am

Me but I am in SG currently
avatar
sleepyhealer
Siambu cpjhj !!!!!!!!!!

Posts : 487
Join date : 2015-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by madscience on 3rd January 2016, 8:46 am

the accumulation looks mild by canadian standards. loving this mild winter!

asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:UK reporting in

herrow bubblegum jiejie!!!!

arlow.. eh.. how come you know i am a zeh zeh.. I don't recognise your nick Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
\

im the reincarnation of yuyuthecat Smile

haha. zhun bo? so where yuyucat kor kor is at nao?


meimei still in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

madscience
Moi ish noob

Posts : 53
Join date : 2016-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by bubblegumcartel on 3rd January 2016, 8:58 am

asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:
asiantrollcat wrote:
bubblegumcartel wrote:UK reporting in

herrow bubblegum jiejie!!!!

arlow.. eh.. how come you know i am a zeh zeh.. I don't recognise your nick Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
\

im the reincarnation of yuyuthecat Smile

haha. zhun bo? so where yuyucat kor kor is at nao?


meimei still in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.



London considered warm and sunny as compared to Canada ah...

bubblegumcartel
Crone

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by asiantrollcat on 3rd January 2016, 9:03 am

@madscience: seems like US not alot of places with snow eh?

@bubblegumcartel: oohhh.. looks gooddddd and (gloomy :p )
avatar
asiantrollcat
Crone

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Official] Overseas singaporeans lip lai!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum